Microbial Art Project: Snow Virus

For my microbial art project I decided to take advantage of the late spring snow we were blessed with. I attempted to sculpt a bacteriaphage out of snow and then color is using a spray bottle of food dye. Originally, I wanted to try and make multiple bacteria with different features, but they kind off just looked like piles of snow.  The bacteriaphage seemed like the most recognizable and unique shape to make. I also tried to color it in a way that showed the different structures present. I made the tail blue, the capsid head red, and tried to add some green DNA in also. The sculture is in the feild next to the museum if anyone wants to gain an in person appreciation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *